Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Walt Disney Company buys Lucasfilm for $4.05 billion

 
 

Less than 6 months ago I was visiting Walt Disney World for Star Wars Weekend 2012!

Today...The Walt Disney Company bought Lucasfilms, Inc. for $4.05 BILLION dollars!

At least 3 new movies are expected to be released, beginning in 2015 with Episode 7, and then within 2-3 years afterwards for Episodes 8 & 9!

I am sitting here in shock, reading through my Twitter and Facebook feeds, along with my friends in the Disney online community...just amazed at this annoucement (which, has been in the works I hear since last spring when Star Tours re-opened!)  This brings so much more possibility to the Company and hopefully to the Parks!

All I ask is that there be a StarWars Land built instead of Avatarland...and that Hyperspace Hoopla gets moved to the Fantasmic theater!! : )

No comments:

Post a Comment