Friday, September 2, 2011

Memories and goals!!

Well, we have been back from our Walt Disney World vacation for 2 weeks now!! Blah...I hate how the time dragged out waiting and planning for the trip...then when we were there time almost flew by...and now that we are home time is just kinda back to normal. Anyone else feel this way? I find myself thinking, I wish I had some DDP's here so I could go get something good to eat. The other day I was really craving a Dole Whip Float!

We had such a fun time, I don't even know where to begin!! I will have to do another blog post about my trip! I am in the middle of writing my trip report over on WDW Radio forums too. Great way to relive the trip!!

From seeing the look on Kay's face when she saw Cinderella Castle for the 1st time, to eating inside the Castle with the Princess, to watching Kay dance in the rain in her Belle dress


...and so many more memories!! And those were just from day 1 in the parks!! :)

I did want to say though, that the one thing that I noticed almost immediately as I was on property, was the sense of calmess and comfort that I had, and the feeling of belonging. I don't know how to explain it other than that. I have been to WDW over 25 times and I don't remember ever having such a strong feeling. I don't know if it is because in this past year I have had to go through some major life changes, and Disney has always been my constant. Also, since I have major plans to work hard the next few years to make a better life for me and Kay, and hopefully that will include moving down to Florida and getting a job with Disney! I have always wanted to work for Disney since I was a teenager and this trip just emphasized it. I told my mom while we were driving our rental car back to the CCC, that I felt so happy and knew my way around with no problem and was just so relaxed.

The past year I have also gotten to know so many people within the online Disney community, and become good friends with many of them! I even got to meet a few during my trip, and they were all so nice and friendly!! I truly feel that I am part of the Disney community and I would like to  become more involved. I am hoping this website will help me with that, since I will be able to give my opinions and reviews of different happenings and announcements, plus have my own personal dreams!!  I am an active member on WDW Radio forums and hope to be able to join in more frequently for the Wednesday newscasts that Lou does. I was for a while, then things got a little hectic, and with having a 5 year old it's kinda hard to pull an hour out of my evening, especially when it's our dinnertime hour usually. Although, she is getting better with playing or watching tv for a while...although, the other day Lou did say hi to her and she is all geeked out now, so she may actually start watching with me!!

I have a lot of goals I am going to work towards by the end of the year including:

-getting a job, hopefully full time
-become more active with my daughter's school
-become more active with the online Disney community
-work at my home based buisness to be successful
-get back into the gym 4-5 times a week to work at my weight loss goal
-be able to start saving money for a car/place of my own

I sent myself a text during vacation, after watching the movie at the end of "One Man's Dream" that said "If Walt did it, I can do it"! He overcame so much and struggled and worked hard to become successful...and I admire him so much for that. I know that I can be just as successful with my life as long as I keep with my goals and work hard for what I want.


1 comment:

  1. Regarding your comment," I did want to say though, that the one thing that I noticed almost immediately as I was on property, was the sense of calmess and comfort that I had, and the feeling of belonging. I don't know how to explain it other than that."
    So true! When people ask me about going over and over, this is what I feel exactly!

    ReplyDelete